First, I'll restate why were learning what we're learning, and the many ways students can effectively support their own learning in school and outside of school.
Then I'll say that Math Workshop is a time for you to practice what we're learning in ways that help you learn best.
I'll ask students to practice the place value skills and knowledge we studied yesterday by completing the following tasks:
- Complete the worksheet
- Check in with a teacher anytime you have questions or upon completion
- If done, practice more using Khan Academy Place Value practice, and again when you have questions ask a teacher.
- Work alone or with a friend
- Focus on the task
- Use a sharpened pencil or pen that you enjoy writing with
- Take your time and work with precision
- Work quietly so others can concentrate too